- Manage the manufacturing floor management team and provide indirect oversight of all manufacturing operations at all global manufacturing locations.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities for optimum utilization efficiency to maximize profit; monitor and improve efficiencies as appropriate.
- Oversee planning capacity, implementation and directing of all manufacturing activities.
- Align manufacturing operations with sales objectives and rigorously improve processes in supporting group growth goals.
- Responsible for supporting overall strategic and operational initiatives for global facility’s manufacturing organization.
- Improve operating margins by establishing, measuring, and meeting goals related, but not limited to on time delivery, cycle time reduction, yield improvement, internal rework and improved throughput.
- Create relationships with all internal leaders and associates to design and execute manufacturing strategies and process improvements while reducing manufacturing costs through innovative methodologies and established manufacturing principles.
- Provide on-site review and guidance regarding manufacturing practices, equipment and facilities, and people resourcing.
- Develop and lead a continuous improvement culture focused on activities to include safety, cost/efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the Director of Manufacturing, department, and peers.
- Responsible for personnel needs identification, hiring & termination recommendations, leadership, coaching/training, performance management, task assignment, policy dissemination, disciplinary action/documentation to personnel files, job description updates, etc.
- Responsible for conforming with the company’s quality management system requirements, as well as contributing to its overall effectiveness, and the ultimate goals of customer satisfaction, product compliance and ethical practices/behavior.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 15+ years related work experience within manufacturing.
- 10+ years’ experience supervising a large group of employees.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles such as 5S, Lean, Single Piece Flow, and Six Sigma.
- Must have the technical know-how of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to read and understand financial data and how it relates to optimal performance of directives.
- Knowledgeable with OSHA safety standards, global equivalents a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to interface with all levels throughout the organization.
- High energy; excels in challenging and dynamic environment.
- Ability to set deadlines, priorities and be accountable.
- Experience working in an ISO environment.
- Innovative thinker that can devise and execute strategies that work.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge within a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to set goals and effectively communicate them to others.
- Displays strong leadership and problem-solving skills while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Leads by example, has a positive attitude, and is energized about driving results.
- International manufacturing experience; India a plus
- Some travel required to other production facilities as needed
Masters Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Manufacturing or any other business-related degree.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 16947