Primarily responsible for performing a variety of complex functional test and associated operations
including troubleshooting various printed circuit assemblies.
• Must be able to troubleshoot using standard techniques on PCA.
• Must be able to perform functional test
• Must be able to read and interpret industry standards, engineering drawings and specifications
• Must have good computer and math skills
• AS/AA degree in electronics/related field or minimum one (1) year of experience in contract
manufacturing with at least six (6) months of PCA troubleshooting experience.
Essential Job Duties:
• Performs troubleshooting of PCA
• Performs functional and various testing on PCA
• Reviews engineering documents for any special requirements
• Accurately complete test reports, failure reports and associated forms for the Test department
• Work closely with Test Manager to resolve quality concerns
• Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement
• May be required to test and troubleshoot HIGH VOLTAGE assemblies and sub-assemblies
• May conduct Hot/Cold chamber testing
• Ensures work area is kept clean and safety rules are followed
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
• Regular attendance
D052 7/18/19 2
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent oral/written interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work from schematics, blue prints, data sheets and test procedures to carry out various
testing and troubleshooting on PCA
• Ability to use basic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot PCA down to component level
• Ability to identify component and component values
• Ability to follow work instructions
• Ability to follow direction from management
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Ability to gather and analyze information
• Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures
• Commitment to company values
• Strong computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system and associated test
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485
• Current IPC-610/J-STD certification
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk, sit, use
computer and may interact with employees. May rotate between test stations; some sitting most
shift with test equipment use whereas other stations require some standing with use of test
equipment. May be required to lift up to 5 pounds. May lift trays or push carts of PCB assemblies
from one department to another.
• Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee will be in a manufacturing
floor setting under fluorescent lighting and company radio.
Standard shift M-F from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Able to work OT when needed.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17874