Summary: Electronics technician familiar with pulse width modulated power supplies to perform various test and calibration tasks with miniaturized hybrid DC-DC power converters in busy manufacturing test department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Perform test activities on hybrid power converter electronics; must have excellent troubleshooting skills. Familiarity with hybrid microcircuits and working with a microscope desired.
- Capacity to use digital and analog test equipment to troubleshoot circuits to root cause and component level.
- Responsible for self-inspections to engineering drawings and diagrams. Familiarity with assembly drawings, electrical schematics and parts list. Good manual dexterity and attention to detail.
- Experience with various test equipment (oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, test probes, power supplies). Computer assisted Automatic Test Equipment background especially desired: will train the right candidates.
- Competent in computer applications and ability to work in a production environment with schedule requirements.
- Familiarity with power, control and feedback circuits. Experience with PWM and PLL control circuits.
- Initial turn-on, trimming and troubleshooting of hybrid DC-DC converters and switching power supplies. Set-up test bench with equipment needed to test units for test dept.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance required
- Must have strong communication skills, strong work ethic and the ability to interface with individuals from other departments
- Perform work accurately and in a workmanlike manner.
- Electronics test/electrical technical background required. Associates Degree in Electronics and 1-2 years experience as a bench technician definite plus.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Basic ability to interpret technical drawings, workmanship standards and related visual aids, follow instructions.
- Basic arithmetic and reading skills necessary to read drawings, diagrams and lists.
- Computer capable
- Capable of using straightforward test equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge with the following military/industrial specifications a definite plus:
Mil-Std-883, Mil-Prf-38534, J-Std- 001 and IPC-A-610
- Vision capability that enables reading and viewing a computer screen
- Using a microscope with 10x to 40x magnification
- Manual dexterity suitable for handling small assemblies
- Ability to function efficiently in a supportive working environment
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17383