Our Test Engineer designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. The position performs a variety of technical, multi-disciplined tasks across the product pipeline, from development through production. The Test Engineer makes knowledgeable, data-driven decisions and employs innovative technologies with optimal control and maximum speed and flexibility.
· Performs simple circuit board design.
· Designs test fixtures.
· Troubleshoots existing PCBA and classified unit designs for assembly as well as design related issues.
· Assists in the development of test systems for new product designs, providing feedback to design teams addressing opportunities for defects in manufacturing and field use.
· Uses Labview and Altium design software.
· Verify products meet their functional requirements – including running automated and manual tests.
· Perform HW and SW validation activities for new products.
· Record all work in clear and concise language.
Test Engineers regularly work in office, lab, and manufacturing facilities. Travel to international manufacturing and/or development locations may be required.
· Expertise utilizing Labview; familiarity with Altium
· Ability to design simple circuit boards and test fixtures
· Strong problem-solving attributes
· MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Electrical Engineering background
· Ability to read PCB schematics critically for troubleshooting purposes
· 5 + years of relevant design/development team and/or manufacturing support.
· Proven ability to methodically solve complex, technical issues.
· Demonstrated proficiency in NI LabView application development.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline is preferred or equivalent experience
· 6-sigma or equivalent statistical, problem-solving methodology – desired
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17854