- Leadership: Provide technical leadership role within the Test Engineering department to solve technical challenges or problems or to bring new technical capability to our clients Test Engineering department.
- Design: Perform original and innovative automatic and manual test hardware and software design that allows for future development and growth.
- Optimize: Develop creative approaches that favorably optimize design trade offs for various elements of a design such as test system cost, performance, feature set, time to implementation, and technical risk.
- Test System Specifications: Implement innovative approaches and develop clearly written design specifications and procedures that ensure our clients test equipment is designed meet the needs of the users relative to their technical performance, feature set, cost and time to implementation goals.
- Product Specifications: Contribute technical input to product specifications to ensure the product design includes specifications and features that facilitate efficient and effective testability of the product.
- Planning: Develop plans, schedules, and identify resources required to develop test systems for production requirements and design engineering evaluations. Identify risk areas and develop contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result in schedule delays or failure to meet specification or design plan requirements.
- Innovation: Conceive methods for achieving test system requirements and specifications using appropriate circuit design, process, manufacturing, mechanical and software techniques. Anticipate possible difficulties and develop alternate methods. Research new equipment, methods and techniques and implement changes to improve our clients products cost competitiveness by minimizing labor and expense for their products in production.
- Win New Business: Contribute technical input to proposals, as well as material and labor cost estimates in support of winning new tactical business opportunities.
- Education: Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers and technicians in order to facilitate their ability to progress to higher levels of technical and professional achievement.
- Analysis: Perform failure analysis investigations on both in house and customer returned products. Provide feedback and/or specific recommendations to appropriate Engineering, Quality, Customer Service and/or Manufacturing disciplines when appropriate to facilitate product improvement or avoid future failures or returns.
- Sales Support: Make technical presentations to customers that directly support the winning of new business for our client. Assist Applications Engineering in solving technically difficult customer applications issues.
- Field Evaluations: Conduct field or outside lab tests and technical evaluations of our clients products in order to determine conformance to customers’ requirements, industry standards.
- Customer Support: Support Applications Engineering staff to solve technical problems relating to the use of our clients products in customers systems at customers’ facilities. Also provide customer support in along with Quality Assurance department to ensure timely resolution of technical issues on returned products (RMAs).
- Vendor Selection: Participate in vendor or outsource selection teams specifically considering vendor’s ability to supply our clients products that are properly tested and screened to meet their needs.
- Continuous Improvement: Take the initiative to research, develop, propose, evaluate and/or implement new methods, processes, techniques, tools, components, or technology that improve quality, timeliness and/or performance of our clients products as well as the efficiency or cost effectiveness of their engineering work and support to other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Engineering or Applied Sciences is preferred.
- Approximately five or more years related engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and present technical information appropriately targeted to meet the needs of audiences at all levels including highly technical to non-technical in both written and verbal forms.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17378