Work with Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing personnel to generate,
revise and implement various types of technical documentation, as required, to support
the sale, design, assembly, installation and delivery of all Company systems and products
documentation, as needed.
• Revamp and Maintain Company document control system for all forms of documentation
including engineering drawings, quality documents, forms, customer-supplied documents,
manuals and regulatory documents using both electronic and manual (paper) methods.
• Oversight of all Engineering documents; to include: generation, modification, and control
of specification releases, ECNs, drawings, part numbers, and other related
• Establish system and departmental procedures for proper record keeping and train and
educate staff accordingly.
• Maintain database of all documentation to allow for easy retrieval and modification.
• Ensure generation of company product names and numbers conforms with protocols and
• Understand and ensure project related compliance with all customer, local, state and
Federal and customer required safety and quality standards and processes.
• Responsible for ensuring all personnel assigned to a Project, and deployed to a customer
location, are properly briefed, trained, and authorized to meet the requirements.
• Potential domestic travel to customer sites and/or other VJ locations to document
operational workflow or provide training (approx. 10%).
• Associates Degree in Technical Discipline. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in a comparable Compliance, Quality, Technical Writing or
Documentation Control position in a technical or manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in the English language with superior written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise in all Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
and the willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Legally authorized to work in the US and able to access Government sites and successfully
pass a complete background check and drug test
• Ready, able and willing to travel to customer and/or other Company locations
domestically and internationally, as required.
• Familiarity with nuclear industry, x-ray technology and/or mechanical or electrical system
• Ability to understand and interpret various physical, mechanical, and electrical
documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics
• Experience providing documentation and submittals in a Government Contracting
• Previous experience as a Trainer or providing safety, quality or related training or
• Knowledge of all OSHA standards and requirements
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit, walk, bend, and stand with potential for sitting for prolonged
periods of time
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office
• Day to day responsibilities may require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering materials
up to 25 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17928