Garden City, NY
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the data center, network infrastructure, servers, and storage. This role also includes end user support, monitoring the ticket queue, supporting and maintaining the workstations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintain general upkeep and health of the data center
• Troubleshoot infrastructure issues and determine priorities
• Responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Act as a main point of contact to offer technical support to all employees and assist with tickets.
• Support and maintain workstations, network infrastructure, servers, and storage.
• Ability to be available for critical server outages/maintenance (i.e. potential weekend work)
• Monitor and troubleshoot any backup or restore of data.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Comfortable working in a Windows environment.
• General knowledge of Active Directory
• Experience with VMWare / VSphere and enterprise level storage systems such as Netapp
• Experience with PaloAlto Firewalls and general switching infrastructure
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to meet appropriate deadlines.
• Experience with Datto is a plus.
• Experience with Avaya phone systems is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related major or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of direct systems administration, help desk, desk support experience within an Information Technology department.
• EOE/ Disability/ Veteran
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17492