The role of the candidate is to manage the supply chain process. The candidate purchases, prices, and expedites raw material, parts, equipment, and other standard items and approves purchase orders in accordance with the established policy of the company. Self- motivated individual who executes responsibilities independently and with limited supervision. Reports to the Director of Procurement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and examines purchase requisitions assigned for proper descriptions of items, part numbers, specifications, etc., and place orders for same in accordance with established policies.
2. Ability to read and interpret drawings required to purchase Machined and Sheetmetal fabricated parts, dipped and vacuum brazed assemblies, Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and Flex Circuits; and Source Control Drawings (SCD’s) for complex parts.
3. Establishes sources of supply that will ensure reasonable pricing, dependable shipment, and reliable quality. Solicits quotes and selects suppliers.
4. Purchases electrical and mechanical components (IC’s, Resistors, Capacitors, Connectors, etc.); Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and Flex Circuits; fabricated machined and sheet metal parts; complex electro-mechanical assemblies in accordance with Source Control Drawings (SCD’s); Harnesses, Cable assemblies and RF Coaxial Cable Assemblies.
5. Tracks, expedites, follows up and administers open purchase orders.
6. Obtains bids and issue PO’s for Contract Manufacturing (CM) services of consigned and turnkey assemblies. Management of contract manufacturer to ensure on-time delivery of quality product and resolution of issues.
7. Experience working with ITAR, DFARS, and FAR regulations.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong negotiation skills.
9. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
10. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
11. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
12. Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
13. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and use of Internet and MRP systems.
14. Maintains appropriate files on all orders in process.
15. Provides timely communication of vendor issues with other departments and program managers. Maintains necessary liaison between all departments within the Company and vendors to insure maximum efficiency.
16. Coordinates and combines orders of different origin to take advantage of quantity prices.
17. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
18. Performs other similar related tasks as assigned.
19. Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
7-10 years’ experience in the procurement of electronic and electromechanical parts required; preferably in the RF Commercial-Military industry.
NOTE: This position description does not list all the duties of the job and the company has the right to revise the description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17838