Supervise the work of a production line to include, working to ensure timely work order execution, coordinating and assigning work to manufacturing associates to achieve daily production and quality goals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise project team members in order to execute production plans to ensure that plan objectives are met.
- Implementing plans for a product/ program in accordance with the direction of a Product Manager.
- Establishing measurable milestones through multiple levels of the production schedule.
- Developing and effectively coordinating production scheduling efforts with other functional departments and divisions to ensure that production plan objectives are met.
- Initiating corrective actions as required and reporting to management.
- Schedule and train production personnel to meet production schedules
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the daily Production Reports.
- Assists the Production Manager as needed and plans, assigns, and monitors the work of employees.
- Maintain goals in productivity and quality.
- Interface with Technical Support, Quality, and Engineering.
- Communicate and inform employees on Company policies, rules, changes, and keeping an open line of communication between employees and upper management
- Using MRP to create and maintain detailed manufacturing schedules consistent with departmental scheduling rules, that support these goals and requirements based on lead times, workflows, quality requirements, and other factors.
- Performing inventory transfers or initiating procurement to address material requirements.
- Managing inventory and coordinating final disposition in accordance with corporate directives.
- Using system generated reports to manage the manufacturing schedule and material plan with respect to schedule and performance to budget.
- Analyzing system data and monitors MRP messages to identify exceptions to the plan. Formulating and implementing a recovery plan to mitigate schedule and budget impacts.
- Monitoring earned value report to ensure all data is representative of the current baseline scope of orders and WIP activity.
- Managing project team activities to execute production plans to ensure that plan objectives are met, requests expediting and priorities as needed.
- Chairing and/or supporting project team meetings on a regular basis to discuss and resolve production and materials flow problems.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to Program, management and executive management.
- Ensuring that all required transactions are executed to plan.
- Coordinating with Engineering to expedite the release of all drawing releases, clarifications, and engineering change notices.
- Performing maintenance on the bill of materials based on engineering change notices or to Telephonics manufacturing build criteria.
- Ensuring all Engineering change notices are correctly incorporated.
- Analyzing WIP, Kitting and material flow bottlenecks and implements resolutions.
- Reviewing kitting information for accuracy, compiles data for reporting.
- Preparing and distributes kitting and assembly documentation as needed.
- Coordinating work cell activities and reprioritizes as necessary.
- Coordinating the activities, training and coaching lower level staff members, to help to improve their performance on the job.
- Participating in the performance evaluation of lower level staff members and the interviewing of job candidates.
- Preparing and managing reports on the status of assemblies in process, delivery of materials, End Item deliveries via system reports or excel page and line statuses.
- Reviewing and analyzing reports generated from the automated production tracking system.
- Conferring with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects at the program level.
- Observing anomalies in production flow, resources, equipment or scheduling, e.g. incorrect status, and bringing these to the attention of the supervisor.
- Preparing product submissions to Quality for configuration and sell off if applicable.
- Creating and coordinating the processing of discrepant material reports.
- Ensuring that all work in the system is properly documented and is being handled according to standard operating procedures.
EDUCATION: 4 Year Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER: Computer skills, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship.
Job ID: 16800