Coordinate the execution of the incoming inspection team’s daily and weekly tasks in the processing and inspection of purchased components and assemblies. Responsible for the development and implementation of daily work center goals, priorities, training plans and inspection equipment readiness in order to meet customer requirements and delivery schedules. Prioritize workload based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, work force skills and availability. Select and develop Quality Inspector personnel for growth and development. Lead problem-solver of the incoming inspection team; assisting inspectors understand material specifications and/or interpret drawings and requirements. As a working Supervisor, perform various mechanical and electrical inspections on components and assemblies to defined specification using a wide variety of inspection equipment.
- Prioritize, coordinate and lead a team of 4-5 Quality Control Inspectors through their daily tasks in order to support the processing of material in accordance with defined specifications and delivery requirements.
- Perform daily inspections of electronic components and assemblies to determine acceptance, identify non-conforming material and generate inspection and rejection reports in accordance with company, statutory and regulatory requirements and procedures using company business systems.
- Coach incoming inspection team through problem solving, workload management, requirements interpretation, and business systems utilization.
- Lead daily work center management meetings to ensure clear communication of priorities and uniform direction is provided.
- Interface with other supervisors to ensure effectiveness of the incoming inspection team with respect to completing assigned inspections to meet kitting dates, drive improvements in capacity planning, and resource requirements.
- Continuously improve processes, equipment, and work environment to ensure growth in inspection capability, efficiency and effectiveness is sustained.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Quality Control Manager and with Senior Management inputs, the appropriate objectives for the team, as well as, individual team members, ensuring alignment with CAES overall business strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure integrity of data collection and processing to maintain compliance with specifications and systems
- Lead by way of example. Establish and drive personal and team goals.
- Remove barriers for the team. Implement long term solutions to chronic challenges.
- Assist the Quality Control Manager during period of the manager’s absence.
- Train incoming inspection personnel in inspection techniques, equipment, procedures and standards.
- Interview and select inspection team personnel for specific duties, exercise disciplinary action as required
- Associates degree (AS) from a two-year college or technical school with five years work experience in Quality Assurance.
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- 5 years’ experience in quality inspection of mechanical and/or electrical assemblies or equivalent electronics manufacturing experience.
- 5 years’ experience using measuring tools: micrometers, calipers, height gauges, and other electronic inspection equipment (e.g. CMM, high-powered microscopes, etc.)
PREFERRED: (These are heavily weighed when selecting candidates for interview, etc.)
- Proficient with the inspection of solder, cable and harness, printed circuit and final assemblies.
- Proficient knowledge with GD & T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Proficient reading and interpreting technical drawings.
- Experience with MIL-PRF-38534.
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense Quality Management System environments (AS9100).
- Ability to work in cleanroom environment using clean room protocols: antistatic gowns, facemask and hair covering.
- High degree of attention to detail and precision in the execution of assigned tasks.
- Proficient with business systems for entering inspection results, non-conformance reports
- Passion for servant-leadership style including training, empowerment, decision-making, coaching, and facilitating in a manufacturing environment.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17970