- Oversees the activities of a technical staff that is responsible for repairing complex electronic equipment, e.g. computers, multiplexing systems, and amplifiers.
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine the cause of operational failure.
- Replaces or repairs malfunctioning components.
- Tests the equipment to documented performance standards.
- Designs and builds basic test equipment.
- Supports product investigations by providing technical assistance to various departments.
- Use ERP systems and Microsoft office functionality daily.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, plans and allocates work to staff members and ensures that all work is completed according to standard operating procedures while maintaining high work quality standards.
- Coordinates the flow of work with internal clients and other departments to prevent unnecessary delays.
- Insures the staff adheres to all applicable company and industry procedures and requirements.
- Completes self-verification and external audits as required
- Interviews new employees and provides feedback regarding candidate determination.
- Trains existing staff members to ensure that their skills are maintained in order to process work efficiently.
- Performs performance evaluations in formal review.
- Recommends promotions, disciplinary actions, and other personnel actions as appropriate.
- Develops and improve operating procedures..
- Improves departmental efficiency, reliability and compliance via operational improvement methodologies.
- Assists the Senior Director in controlling the operating budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 5-8 years of related experience as a repair technician, with 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
OTHER: Skilled in the use of hand tools.
This position is subject to the Drug and Alcohol screening requirements set forth in the FAA/DOT Code of Federal Regulations 49 Part 40.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship
Job ID: 17010