Hands-on accounting professional responsible for the accurate processing and reporting of all
financial transactions carried out by three (3) different business entities using project-based
accounting methodologies. Duties will include cash flow and accounts receivable management,
budget oversight, review of project-based expenditures and accounts payable activities, assist
with the generation of weekly/monthly/quarterly/ annual cash flow and financial reports for
• Ensure all invoices are generated and submitted on time and track until payment
• Establish procedures and make recommendations for optimizing client billing and
ensuring maintenance of a positive cash flow at the Divisional level.
• Review accounts payable activities to ensure accurate and timely processing and provide
support and back-up as required.
• Work with Controller to set up, manage and reconcile fixed assets
• Assist in the preparation of applicable weekly/monthly/quarterly/ annual reports for
management on key Divisional and project-based criteria such as P&L, cash flow,
performance against budgets and sales forecasts as well as accounts payable and
accounts receivable aging
• Assist with intercompany reconciliations
• Ensure compliance with applicable customer and government contractual requirements,
including applicable FAR and DFAR regulations.
• Monitor and reconcile applicable GL and balance sheet accounts and activities to ensure
proper transactional flow and accurate recording at the project, GL and P&L level
• Optimize use of the ERP (MS AX) system
• Audit inventory levels and transactions and assist with physical audits conducted no less
than once per quarter.
• Potential travel to sister facilities within the US.
• Special projects as needed.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related discipline
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in an accounting role for a manufacturing company
• Proficiency in the use of an ERP or MRP system
• Capable of thriving in a fast paced, demanding environment and effectively
communicating with customers, vendors, and employees at all position levels.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with a high skill level in the use of MS excel.
• Analytical, detail oriented, independent thinker
• Well defined organizational and time management skills coupled with the ability to apply
problem-solving skills with minimal guidance by management.
• Project/cost accounting experience.
• Familiarity with MS AX ERP systems
• Prior experience in a QA controlled design environment. (ISO 9000, NQA-1, or similar)
• Experience with MS Project
• Prior experience working for a Government subcontractor.
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit, walk, bend and stand.
• Potential travel via air, rail and car.
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office
• Day to day responsibilities could require lifting and moving of materials up to 25 pounds.
• Occasionally will be required to lift, move, erect and assemble marketing and tradeshow
materials and equipment up to 50 pounds and of varying height, length and width
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17929