Senior Manager of Quality Assurance is responsible to plan, develop, and direct quality assurance policies, programs and initiatives. They will establish, oversee and lead the Quality Assurance department to ensure that products are developed, manufactured, maintained and shipped according to customer specifications and consistent with the quality standards of . In addition, this individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic planning and improvement initiatives for the quality and reliability of our products and the management of internal and external relationships while ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System. This role will be a single point of accountability for Quality for the division. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
- Ensure total product integrity by providing strategic leadership in establishing a common quality vision, culture, structure, management systems and processes.
- Develop, implement and monitor all key quality metrics, systems, and procedures.
- Promotes and leads a RCCA culture.
- Drives the reduction of COPQ across the division.
- Lead the Continual Process Improvement program and reinforce a culture that supports it throughout the business.
- Single point of accountability for the continuous improvement of quality, measured through standard KPIs, throughout the division.
- Manage quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements and pro-actively support engineering and manufacturing to meet or exceed requirements.
- Work with both suppliers and customers to ensure the highest level of quality throughout the value stream.
- Team with the Supply Chain organization to develop and implement a supplier qualification process and ensure the quality of downstream parts delivery.
- Negotiate with all current and proposed customers to establish contractual quality requirements and quality statement of work.
- Manage the quality organization’s budget in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement a company culture of personal accountability. Deployment of Lean/6 sigma manufacturing, employee effectiveness and improved facility utilization strategies to achieve the overall business objectives associated with safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required with a minimum of 12 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. Master’s Degree or MBA is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a Manager of Quality in a progressive manufacturing environment.
- 10+ years of experience working in the Quality Department of a manufacturing facility. DoD preferred.
- Experience leading quality in a high mix/low volume based business model in the defense or space industry, specifically for electronic/communication defense systems is highly preferred.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000.
- Experience working with major aerospace prime manufacture.
- Experience as a leader of critical business processes and initiatives and aligning them in an ERP based enterprise system.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level clearance.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17381