Under limited supervision, responsible for procurement of costly and often complex commodities, equipment, or services. Negotiates unique contracts based on technical understanding of the types of purchases made, market factors, and internal requirements. Resolves problems independently and advises supervisor on particularly complex, sensitive or controversial matters. Provides assistance and guidance to lower-level procurement personnel. Performs special functions assigned by purchasing management. The selected candidate must have the ability to perform the essential duties & responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
Negotiates and monitors standard and nonstandard purchase agreements in accordance with established company policy for quality, price and delivery requirements.
· Conducts supplier surveys and analyzes results to determine potential suppliers. Results of said surveys have a strong impact on supplier solicitations and future procurements.
· Uses knowledge of technical requirements and market conditions to negotiate best price in accordance with required specifications.
· Obtains quotations for standard and non-standard products.
· Recommends changes to maintain tracking and reporting system for purchases; monitors agreements and resolves any problems or refers to Manager for resolution.
· Establishes and maintains constructive and effective relationships with supplier personnel.
· Able to read, interpret and understand drawings and technical documents
· Interacts in a clear and concise manner with all departments requiring purchasing support.
· Provides assistance and guidance to lower level purchasing personnel regarding policies, procedures, and process.
· Assists in the preparation of internal manual(s) or other publications dealing with purchasing policies and procedures.
· Prepares pertinent reports and other related duties.
· Expedites suppliers to ensure on time delivery of material/services.
· Ensures that all established purchasing policies and company policies are strictly adhered to.
· Must have established negotiation, supplier relation and sourcing skills. Must be able to work in a team environment and capable of interpreting product specifications.
· Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to exchange information and interface effectively with employees and/or customers clearly and concisely.
· Knowledge and proficient in software tools such as Word and Excel.
· Extensive knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, generally accepted purchasing and contract management practices.
· Must be able to work with minimal amount of supervision utilizing analytical and leadership skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration of equivalent work experience. Minimum of five (5) years experience in active procurement/buying mechanical parts in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17983