Farmingdale ,New York
The Senior Inspector inspects component parts and end item product to ensure compliance with processes in accordance with ISO 9001, AS 9100 and customer specifications.
- Assist in training Inspection staff.
- Serve as a resource for those with less experience as required.
- Inspect component parts according to engineering and customer technical documentation.
- Create and update Inspection Record masters.
- Use CMM for part inspection.
- Support customer Delegated Representative inspections, when customer approved.
- Develop improved methods of inspection.
- Support customer and third party visits.
- Conduct final inspection on valves.
- Perform in-process inspection.
- Perform first piece inspection.
- Issue Non-conformance Material Reports, when required.
- Complete FAI valve final inspection prior to shipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
- Apply complex technical skills within the Inspection department.
- Effectively contribute to the successful completion of work/projects when appropriate.
- Recognize/anticipate barriers to completing assigned work/projects.
- When standard procedures do not apply, use judgment and draw on past experience to interpret information, solve routine problems and/or recommend approaches.
- Adhere to standards, methods, and procedures.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Seek and implement process improvement ideas in primary work area.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and promptness in serving internal and external customer needs.
- Act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government regulations.
- Maintain proper care of departmental instrumentation provided.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of Inspection results.
- Minimum of 5 years of inspection experience in a machine shop or manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read a blueprint.
- Must be computer literate.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Routinely performs duties in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to manufacturing level noise.
- Required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Must be able to pass an annual eye exam.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17126