Performs engineering work in applied research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, and documentation of HV Module products or systems. Works with customers to understand equipment/system requirements and to ensure that the product(s) work in the application(s). Uses research techniques to analyze and validate design or theory concepts. Provides direction and leadership to engineers, development engineers, and engineering technicians related to program specific work. Interacts with senior level professionals both internal and external to AE.
- Responsible for the design and analysis of AC-DC and DC-DC HV Module products, and subsystems/circuits primarily up to 60kV and 500W to specification, cost, budget, schedule, and quality goals
- Responsible to diagnose issues of diverse scope with design, field performance, reliability and test yields of products and recommend/implement corrective actions to address
- Assumes responsibility for the success of the product/system in the customers’ applications and recommend/implement corrective actions as needed
- Follows key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process and ECO process
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the latest topologies, technologies, components, and methods for power conversion
- Standard office environment utilizing standard office equipment or a noisy fast-paced lab 95% of the time
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time. Travel involves international and domestic travel to remote sites, customers and vendors
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Proven professional skills as an experienced engineer with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies/procedures
- Able to receive less instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Ability to solve complex technical problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead team members
- Experience with influencing and negotiating in complex situations
- Management ability to be used on a project or small team
Minimum five years’ electrical engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17849