Performs laboratory testing to ensure products meet regulatory agency EMC and safety requirements such as CE Mark, UL, CSA, and SEMI S2. Works with customers to understand system requirements and to ensure that the product(s) work in application(s). Provides direction and leadership to engineers and engineering technicians related to compliance specific work. Interacts with senior level professionals both internal and external to AE.
- Responsible to audit and support Engineering efforts in the design and analysis of products to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to diagnose issues of moderate scope related to compliance and recommend/implement corrective actions to address
- Responsible to perform laboratory testing and documentation related to the regulatory requirements for verification to agencies and .
- Ensure legal compliance in processes for manufacturing; consult with design engineers early in product development cycle to identify potential EMC and safety problem areas; attend informal and formal design reviews.
- Responsible to follow key engineering procedures
- Assists in marketing products by meeting with customers to understand and satisfy customer compliance requirements
- Oversee Declarations of Conformity
Standard Office Environment
- Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or date from which answers can be obtained
- Ability to learn and use professional concepts appropriate to engineering, including analytical methods, computer aided analysis and tools, regulatory concepts, etc.
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures to solve routine issues
- Minimum of five years of product safety / regulatory, and/or EMC testing and mitigation experience to standards by UL, CSA, IEC, CISPR and FCC
- Experience with SEMI guidelines and power quality testing and verification
- Minimum of four years of EMC experience in a design and test capacity, preferably with knowledge of EMC regulatory issues, including CE and FCC requirements.
- Experience identifying and selecting safety critical components and safety related to engineering change order activities
BS in Electrical Engineering
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17848