Under general supervision, responsible for reviewing, planning, and coordinating all job related activities for an efficient and timely procurement of material and production of product. Determines material requirement from engineering and production schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials through production cycle determining the hours and time involved to meet schedules. Ensures availability of materials and labor to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
The selected candidate must have the ability to perform the essential duties & responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
· Responsible for scheduling and ordering materials and parts.
· Provides suppliers with forecast of requirements using shop capacity, rate, and supplier performance.
· Monitors and reports shop and supplier adherence to schedule.
· Recommends inventory management strategies and develops plans for implantation.
· Identifies and reports problems with the inventory management processes.
· Commits to routine scheduling revisions made in response to approved production changes.
· Develops, negotiates acceptance, integrates, and aligns inventory management decisions with customers and suppliers capacity and schedules.
· Generates purchase orders, negotiates lead time with suppliers, and manages schedules for timely delivery.
· Participates in cross-functional teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years prior experience working in Production Planning or Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years working in Production Planning
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17982