- MUST have working electronics experience in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Prepares and solders all levels of electronic components onto Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) according to specifications.
- Perform all levels of SMT and thru hole hand component soldering to IPC standards.
- Lead forming of different types of electronic parts using hand tools and automatic equipment for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) assembly.
- Work with leaded and lead- free solder.
- Interpret resistor color codes and capacitors values.
- Advanced understanding of PCB assembly drawings and related documents; ECN’s, assembly instructions.
- Utilize electrical and manual tools such as soldering iron, de-soldering equipment, and solder removal tools.
- Has an advanced understanding of PCB assembly processes, component installation sequence of thru hole components.
- Rework, repair, and modify printed circuit boards and/or assemblies to required specifications.
- Provides guidance and training to lower level Soldering Operators.
- Maintains department specific records.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training in the electronics field.
- Associates degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Must hold current J-STD-001 certification.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Perform basic computer duties as assigned. Minimal computer skills required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Job ID: 16283