This position is responsible for development of all software required by the product line from pre-award through product delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Support of pre-award efforts. This includes:
· Contributing to proposed system design
· Supporting and/or writing proposal text pertaining to software
· Estimating the software level of effort required for the project.
2) Design and development of software programs. This includes:
· Contributing to final system design, in concert with other departments and the program office.
· Development of software requirements and design in accordance with final system requirements
· Software documentation required internally or by contract.
· Development of test software on an as-needed basis
· Support of integration and testing efforts
3) Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience:
· BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
· 5-10 years software development experience, at least 4 of which are in a “Mil-Std” environment
· 3 years or more in a Lead Developer capacity, with demonstrated skills in managing software development throughout the software life cycle.
· Experience in development targeting Windows, Unix, and at least one real time operating systems
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong working knowledge of at least two high order programming languages. C preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of embedded programming. Microchip preferred.
· An understanding of real time software development issues and the ability to do requirements analysis and software design for real time applications.
· Experience preferred using and programing FPGA’s using VHDL.
· Ability to understand and contribute to system designs, in close cooperation with other engineering disciplines.
· Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces is a plus
Job ID: 16970