SMT Process Engineer will primarily be responsible for evaluating, implementing and monitoring
processes and operating systems for the SMT department. SMT Process Engineer will also oversee
and guide SMT Operators/SMT Prep Technicians.
• Must be able to conduct preventative and routine maintenance for SMT equipment
• Must be able to operate SMT automatic assembly equipment: Screen Printer, SPI, Pick & Place,
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair SMT equipment
• Must be able to provide programming and technical support for SMT process equipment
• A technical degree (EE, ME, or Engineering Technology) or equivalent experience in electronics
manufacturing (SMT designation)
Essential Job Duties:
• Evaluate, implement, and monitor SMT processes and operating systems
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance for SMT equipment
• Monitors and improves efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes
• Communicate with supervisors and peers to resolve issues
• Oversees SMT Operators and SMT Prep Technicians
• Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement
• Ensures work area is kept clean and safety rules are followed
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
• Regular attendance
D052 7/18/19 2
Essential skills and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with SMT processes and equipment
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Ability to program, setup, and load circuit boards onto machines
• Ability to follow direction from management
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Ability to read engineering documentation
• Working experience with RoHS and no clean processes
• Working knowledge of IPC-610 and J-STD001 workmanship criteria
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485
• Commitment to company values
• Computer proficiency: learn and use ERP system; ability to program and troubleshoot SMT
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Nonessential skills and experience:
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee may be standing most shift
with machine use and will interact with other employees/visitors. May be required to lift up to 5
pounds. May lift trays or push carts of PCB assemblies from one department to another. May
lift/push feeders/equipment from time to time.
• Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee will be in a manufacturing
floor setting under fluorescent lighting and company radio. Machinery can get HOT.
Standard shift M-F from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Able to work OT when needed.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17877