DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains all department personnel in processes or methods in accordance with departmental procedures and practices.
- Assigns and coordinates work assignments to meet department schedules.
- Coordinates with Contracts, Program Management, and/or Administration for determination of scheduled shipment dates and packaging requirements.
- Controls ordering of all packaging materials to support packaging needs.
- Receives and prepares all paper work for incoming materials.
- Assists in design of packaging requirements and ensures all shipping documentation is correct.
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Excel
- Decodes and ensures compliance with all contractual packaging specifications.
- Provides for all modes of shipping. Selects the most economical and expedient means of shipping company goods consistent with contractual requirements. Must be familiar with UPS, Fed Ex, DHL as well as Freight Forwarding companies.
- Files claims for all lost or damaged goods. Traces all shipments when forwarding information is required or delay has incurred.
- Determines, in coordination with appropriate company personnel, when company goods are to be insured while in transit and the insured value.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Makes deliveries and picks up material, etc., as required.
- Performs the duties of the Stock Clerk, Shipping Clerk or Materials Clerk as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Reading, writing, and mathematical ability at high school level or above required. Valid driver’s license and ability to operate truck, van, forklift, and other similar motor vehicles required.
2 years related experience required. Must be familiar with proper handling of sensitive electronic parts and devices.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17394