- Repairs semi-complex electronic equipment e.g. printed circuit boards, multiplexing systems, and amplifiers.
- Troubleshoots equipment by subjecting it to a variety of simple diagnostic tests to determine the cause of operational failure.
- Reconstructs or replaces defective parts as required and adjusts mechanical parts.
- Reviews all engineering change notices related to the design and operation of the equipment.
- Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Applies new paint or other coatings to equipment components.
- Tests the equipment to documented performance standards.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests on a computer database system.
- Supports product investigations by providing technical assistance to Production, Test, Field Service and Engineering departments.
- Designs and builds basic test equipment.
- Checks work being done by lower level technicians to ensure that it is completed on time and in accordance with high quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
EXPERIENCE: 7 to 9 years of related experience as a repair technician with experience in digital, analog & RF circuitry
OTHER: Skilled in the use of hand tools.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship.
Job ID: 17011