- Leadership: Provide a technical leadership role within the Engineering department to solve mechanical and thermal challenges at the box and/ or board level.
- Design: Responsibilities include box-level and board-level mechanical design, with consideration given to shock and vibration requirements. Additional requirements include heat transfer modeling and design, especially heat conduction and thermal radiation in box-level systems. Experience with industry accepted Engineering software packages is required.
- Process Improvement: Join the decision and tradeoff process for issues that cross other discipline boundaries.
- Optimize: Work with the design team to develop creative approaches that favorably optimize design trade offs for various elements of a design such as product cost, performance, feature set, time to market, and technical risk.
- Production Support: Create Engineering drawings in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Planning: Create, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of mechanical and thermal product design from research and development to design and manufacture.
- Innovation: Conceive methods for achieving product requirements and specifications using appropriate design, process, manufacturing and mechanical techniques.
- Educate: Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers to facilitate their ability to progress to higher levels of technical and professional achievement.
Job Qualifications – Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Sciences is required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Approximately seven or more years related engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of Military specifications (e.g. MIL-STD-810) and IP (Ingress Protection) ratings as they apply to board and box-level products.
- Experience in Military/Aerospace industry a plus.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17279