This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing all aspects of most complex electrical components, equipment, products, machinery and/or systems. Familiar with advanced concepts, practices and procedures within Electrical Engineering and applies them to accomplish goals. The Senior Engineer acts as a mentor and guide to less experienced Engineers, has a wide degree of creativity and latitude and works on multiple projects and complicated tasks.
- Lead efforts in creation of specifications, design and test methods for the new products. Perform DFMEA analysis on new and/or existing designs.
- Complete the product design, analysis and development of electrical components, systems and equipment, including schematics, bills of materials, test plans as week as other required documentation from design concept to manufacturing release; develop electronic help files pertaining to new products. Analyze current designs and products for improvements and/or troubleshooting
- Develops and maintains Engineering (design and testing) documentation per ISO standards that support the business unit quality system
- Interface with manufacturing on an ongoing basis during the development stages to ensure manufacturability and design intent of the product. Understand manufacturing requirements of the products and apply Design for Manufacturing and Assembly concepts.
- Research new technologies and generate competitive benchmarking data and information by best of breed analysis, testing and research
- Trains and provides instructions/ guidance to less experienced Engineers
- Operate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, practicing concurrent engineering principles. Participate in design reviews related to assigned projects.
- Represents the business unit at standards organizations meetings to develop currency in latest standards and test procedures which may affect our business
- Design analog circuits, including power supply, amplifiers and sensors etc. Design digital circuits, microprocessor-based circuits with understanding of the firmware requirements.
- Build and test prototypes and integrated systems as a part of the development process. Perform evaluation of circuits and assemblies, including agency testing (FCC, UL, CSA, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree (BSEE) or equivalent from four-year college
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- Experience in CAD and Altium designer is desirable, with the ability to create schematics and layouts
- Experience with agency test requirements such as UL, FCC, CSA, etc.
- Experience in design of electronic circuits for high volume consumer electronics
- Proven experience in electrical design of printed circuit boards including DRM principles
- Experience with failure analysis techniques such as DFMEA and PFMEA
Skills & Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge of electrical / electronic concepts, analog and digital design, solid understanding of the properties of discrete semiconductors, RF theory
- Outstanding project management competencies
- Must be a team player with good communication and organizational skills
- Must have excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of system grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation design practices
- Bench and system-level integration/debug/troubleshooting experience. Capable of constructing and testing electrical assemblies.
- Able to work with PCB designer and technicians to prototypes PWA’s and prove competencies
- Familiar with analog design simulation tools (spice Simulators)
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17557