Calculates, posts, verifies and records financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform month end closings, including preparing and entering journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Support internal and external audit requests.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Fixed Asset accounting
- Reviews work for conformance with policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent four-year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), general accounting and government cost accounting.
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Job Location
- Farmingdale, New York, United States
- Position Type
Job ID: 16798