Partner with Manufacturing and Engineering teams in establishing hypothesis/failure mechanism, performing simulation and strategy for root cause analysis
• Provides direction, mentorship and resources to other engineering cross functional groups and project leaders as well as manufacturing technicians.
• Act as lead engineering liaison on a variety of projects and participate in the project planning of major sub-projects.
• Creation and sustainment of quality standards, quality control, and quality assurance procedures, sampling plans, test methods, fixtures, and processes in compliance to QML/MIL-PRF-38534 for finished devices.
• Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments.
• Develop failure analysis requirements and documentation for new products and in support of existing products
• On a daily basis, perform failure assessment and analysis activities for suspected non-conforming material
• Work with internal customers as needed in response to product failures.
• Perform failure and materials analysis tests for process, material, and provide core engineering design changes recommendations complying with JEDEC standards, AS requirements, MIL-PRF-38534.
• Able to manage time in order to meet schedules and deadlines.
• Maintain a historic database of findings and results.
• Work with external labs to coordinate required testing.
• Provide leadership and coaching to cross-functional root cause analysis teams; motivating them to achieve timely failure analysis results.
• BS in Electrical/Electronics/Chemical/Physics/Material Science Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience with general and electrical FA tools such as Microscopy (optical/Electron/Acoustic etc.), X-sectioning, material identification, Radiography, Environmental testing.
• 8+ years of experience working with RCCA tools such as SPC, Taproot, Fishbone, Five Whys.
• Up to 10% travel required.
• Experience in Failure Analysis/IC or Semiconductor manufacturing or fabrication experience a major plus.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• 6 Sigma BB or GB
• Specialized laboratory equipment such as SEM, FIB, XRF, EDS, chemical handling, microscopes, electronic test equipment
• MS degree in engineering
• Six Sigma certification is preferred
• Defense/Aerospace Industry experience
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17685