Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of the
organization’s quality and safety programs to ensure all systems,
components and services provided globally meet VJ’s stringent quality and
• Develop and implement quality standards, quality measurements, and testing
processes and procedures for all services and systems provided globally by the
operations based in Bohemia, NY and East Haven, CT.
• Build and manage a team of quality and safety personnel to ensure successful
attainment of the company’s quality and safety objectives.
• Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of system and components
to confirm quality and conformance to specifications.
• Track, document, and report upon VJ system and vendor product quality levels
• Analyze and help investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to
ensure resolution and applicable corrective action.
• Ensure all personnel are fully trained and qualified to handle the tasks assigned
• Develop or update company procedures to ensure compliance with new and
existing regulations and company policy.
• Monitor risk-management procedures, and maintain problem logs for identifying
and reporting issues to management and product development
• Implement and manage document control and revision process
• Identify, initiate, and lead improvement projects
• Work with purchasing and supply chain management to approve, evaluate, and
maintain global list of suppliers.
• Adhere to industry quality and safety standards
• Ensure products meet customer expectations and demand
• Work closely with the development team to improve existing and future system
• Fulfill the role of Company Health & Safety Officer and ensure all OSHA and
applicable workplace Health & Safety protocols are met whether working in a VJ
facility, in the field or at a customer location.
• Create and implement a safety program to emphasize a safety oriented corporate
• Oversee other compliance and quality related responsibilities and documentation
requirements as needed.
• Provide OJT and classroom-based training to staff, vendors, and customers as
• Responsible for compliance with all local, state, federal and customer mandated
safety and operational requirements for every project.
Quality Assurance & Safety Manager
• Potential travel to customer sites and/or or affiliated VJ facilities worldwide to
participate in site inspections and safety checks.
• Travel (domestic & International) up to 20% of the time
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
• Minimum five (5) years of related quality assurance or compliance experience in a
manufacturing environment with at least two (2) years in a supervisory or
• Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices,
and defect management practices
• Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.
• Familiarity with OSHA and other production and field-based safety protocols and
• Well defined organizational and time management skills coupled with the ability to
operate independently with minimal guidance by management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills enabling them to effectively
communicate both internally and externally using all available methods of
• Able to connect with and influence teammates to lead change management
efforts and get people involved
• Technical aptitude coupled with a sharp attention to detail and the ability to read
and understand blueprints, drawings and schematics
• Effective problem solver with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding
environment and quickly assess situation and take appropriate action.
• Skilled in MS Office Suite and applicable database management programs
• Prior experience working for a government contractor or subcontractor
• In-depth understanding of NDT industry standards
• Familiarity with x-ray technology and radiation safety protocols
• Previous exposure to an NQA-1 Quality Assurance Program
• Experience as a Trainer or providing safety, quality or related training or employee
• OSHA 30-hour certification
• Cloud based QMS software experience
• Fluency in multiple languages
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit, walk, bend and stand in an industrial environment
• Ability to climb, bend, and maneuver around, above and within a system to conduct
inspection and testing.
Quality Assurance & Safety Manager
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office
• Day to day responsibilities may require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering
materials up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
• Able to travel independently via automobile, train, bus, plane, or ferry.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability
to adjust focus.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17933