Responsible for purchasing, logistics and material flow and material planning of contracted and
non-contracted goods and services to meet established quality, pricing, and schedule
• Responsible for purchasing finished goods, raw materials, semi-finished products,
components and services from vendors employing a just in time philosophy that would
be in sync with the Project Schedule requirements.
• Properly manage all purchasing and project based material planning within the ERP
• Direct point of contact for Production and Project Management for material
requirements, schedules and costing.
• Coordinate and verify activities for remote purchasing team
• Verify BOMs against CAD drawings and project SOW to ensure order accuracy.
• Review impact of all pending Engineering Change Requests upon schedule and pricing.
• Research, identify and assess new suppliers
• Evaluate and compare vendor quotes to select the most desirable supplier.
• Ensure Suppliers provide quality materials on-time and resolve material issues and
material returns when expectations are not met.
• Coordinate and work directly with suppliers, management, and logistics teams to
schedule, expedite, and track deliveries to ensure schedules are met.
• Verify and review project based purchase requisitions for accuracy and confirmation of
receipt of material against schedule.
• Work closely with team to effectively take advantage of trends
• Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of
production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
• Oversee all logistics activities
• Establish good business relationship with suppliers to allow for improved lead times,
better pricing and facilitation of problem resolutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience purchasing electro-mechanical parts and
• At least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory or management role
• Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
• Familiarity running ERP planning module for project specific requirements (not
according to forecast)
• Experience working with BOMS and ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and to
identify electronic components
• Strong communication skills that will allow for effective oral and written communication
with suppliers and internal customers.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Must be highly organized and able to multi task in an extremely dynamic environment
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and prior experience working with an MRP or ERP
• Must have sound decision making skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
• US Citizen or permanent resident able to successfully pass background test and drug
• MS AX experience
• Prior experience working with fabricators and subcontractors
• Familiarity working according to quality standards and procedures
• Strategic sourcing experience
• Prior experience working for a capital equipment or electro-mechanical system
• Familiarity working with domestic and international freight forwarders and shipping
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit, walk, bend and stand
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office
• Day to day responsibilities will require lifting, moving, carrying and maneuvering materials
up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17934