Reports to: General Manager/Vice President.
Primarily responsible for overseeing the purchasing of materials required for production of PCB assemblies. Individual will establish new and alternative supply sources, and negotiate prices and delivery schedules. Individual will communicate with multiple internal departments to plan the purchase of materials and establish a schedule. Will be required to resolve delivery issues and inform all involved parties of pricing, product availability and delivery dates.
General Purpose: Vendor relations and problem resolution.
• Must have previous purchasing experience in manufacturing environment.
• Must have previous experience acquiring sources for electronic components, bare circuit boards, and other related items.
• Must be comfortable negotiating price and availability of materials with new or established suppliers.
• Must be comfortable holding meetings with supplier representatives in-person, by phone, and email.
• Minimum of BS/BA degree with at least 1 year purchasing experience in manufacturing environment or 5 years of contract manufacturing sales/purchasing experience.
• All processes involved in purchasing: sourcing, pricing, scheduling.
• Acquire quotes for materials.
• Manage supplier qualification.
• Interact with suppliers and internal departments.
• Focus on material cost reduction.
• Oversee Purchasing team.
• May train new and existing team on effective buyer techniques.
• Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement.
• Provide timely feedback to Sales or Management team regarding.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Interaction with out-of-state facility.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills by phone, e-mail, in-person.
• Working knowledge of electrical component types.
• Ability to read technical prints and bill of materials.
• Requires resolve to follow through until satisfactory resolution is made.
• Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Basic Microsoft Office proficiency: Word and Excel.
• Ability to gather and analyze information.
• Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Commitment to company values.
• Customer service experience.
• Basic computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system.
• Regular attendance.
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Customer service experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485.
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk, sit, use computer, use phone, and interact with vendors and employees. Sitting most shift with computer and phone use. May be needed to lift up to 10 pounds. May travel 3 – 4 times a year out of state with minimal in-state travelling.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to office conversations and company radio. Open office floor plan. Minimal travel may be needed from time to time including but not limited to vendor on-sites, trade shows, or conventions. Open to travel 3 – 4 times a year out of state.
Standard shift from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Later or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17224