Responsible for overseeing the purchasing of finished goods, raw materials, semi-finished products, components, and services from vendors for facilities based in Bohemia, NY and East Haven, CT employing a just in time philosophy that is in sync with the Project Schedule requirements.
· Ensure a full understanding of each project’s material requirements through review of each Project’s SOW, Drawings, and BOMS.
· Review and approve all PRs and POs against budget and schedule to ensure and validating against project SOW, drawings and BOMS to ensure accuracy and completeness of the order.
· Work as a partner with the Production Material Planner to ensure all project material requirements are met and delivered according to project schedule and budgets while employing a just in time delivery philosophy.
· Oversee purchasing activities of remotely based Buyers.
· Carry out purchasing activities to include creation and issuance of POs, when needed.
· Properly manage all purchasing through ERP system
· Review impact of all pending Engineering Change Requests upon schedule and pricing.
· Work closely with team to effectively take advantage of trends and economies of scale.
· Oversee all logistics activities.
· Research, identify and assess new suppliers.
· Evaluate and compare vendor quotes to select the most desirable supplier and work to negotiate ideal pricing and terms.
· Ensure Suppliers provide quality materials on-time and resolve material issues and material returns when expectations are not met.
· Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
· Establish good business relationship with suppliers to allow for improved lead times, better pricing, and facilitation of problem resolutions.
· Visit sister facility on a regular basis, at least once a month and as often as once a week.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience purchasing electro-mechanical parts and components with at least one (1) year in a Lead or Supervisory role.
· Must be highly organized and able to multitask in an extremely dynamic environment.
· Possess sound decision-making skills with the ability to exercise good judgment.
Strong mechanical aptitude coupled with experience working with BOMS and ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and to identify electronic components.
· Proficient negotiation and vendor management skills with well-established communication skills that will allow for effective oral and written communication with suppliers and internal customers.
· Proficiency in MS Office and prior experience working with an MRP/ERP system
· US citizen or permanent card holder legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. and able to pass a background check as well as pre-employment and random drug screening protocols.
· MS AX experience
· Prior experience working with fabricators and subcontractors.
· Familiarity working according to quality standards and procedures.
· Prior experience working for a capital equipment or electro-mechanical system manufacturing Company.
· Familiarity working with domestic and international freight forwarders.
· Regularly required to sit, walk, bend and stand
· Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
· Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office equipment.
· Day to day responsibilities may require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering materials up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· On a regular basis, will be required to:
o read and interpret data, information, and documents.
o analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems.
o be creative, make judgements, use reasoning, and make decisions.
o observe and interpret situations.
o learn and apply new information or skills.
o perform detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
o work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions
o interact with internal and external customers holding positions from a wide array of disciplines and organizational hierarchy levels.
o Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17521