Summary: Strong, experienced, organized, quality-oriented manager responsible for manufacturing operations: production planning, labor assignment, assembly, shipping/delivery schedules, order status reporting, achieving financial goals, hiring, training, evaluation and continuous improvement for a manufacturing staff of 40+.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
· Candidates must have 3+ years experience with electronics assembly or similar manufacturing operations, demonstrated ability to organize, motivate, and achieve production goals. The ideal manager will also be familiar with micro-electronic assembly and lean manufacturing.
· Electronics assembly manufacturing background preferred.
· Power supply or power components manufacturing management experience a plus.
· Insure that manufacturing operations produce a quality product on schedule.
· Prepare plans and budgets for manufacturing, assembly and material control
· Establish work-in-progress numerical tracking procedures and cultivate relationships with personnel to optimize planning estimates and adherence to schedules.
· Daily review of operating performance, material and production goals with staff, directing continuous improvement toward best practice methods.
· Reviews operating performance. Makes recommendations to senior management.
· Monitor capacity and capability of production process equipment to maintain operational readiness
· Develop quantitative methods to track material, work-in-process and finished goods to Improve cost effectiveness and enhance plant productivity.
· Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and the ability to motivate individuals from other departments toward common goals
· 3+ years experience with microelectronics assembly or essentially similar component manufacturing operations, ability to organize, motivate and achieve production goals.
· Experience with continuous product/process improvement, familiar with lean manufacturing techniques desirable
· All basic capabilities of effectively running a world class manufacturing operation: familiarity with technical drawings and lists, workmanship standards, computer spreadsheets and scheduling techniques, leadership skills and team building/motivation skills
· Working knowledge of military/industrial specifications a definite plus:
Mil-Std-883 (Method 2010, 2017 & 2032), Mil-Prf-38534, and J-Std- 001 and IPC-A-610.
· Staff position; reports to company President and Vice President/General Manager
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17388