Understands the hand soldering process and able to make good judgment concerning good and bad solder joints. Uses care in the operation of soldering irons, other hand tools, and understands safety issues related to hand soldering in the workplace.
• Must be able to perform repetitive SMT and wiring assembly tasks with accuracy and dexterity.
• Must be able to read and interpret industry standards, engineering drawings and specifications.
• Must have basic computer proficiency.
• A high school diploma/equivalent with minimum 5 years soldering/rework soldering experience
Essential Job Functions:
• • Solders electronic components/wires to circuit board.
• • Assembles small wires to and/or screw in hardware to circuit board assemblies.
• Participates in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement.
• Ensures work area is kept clean and safety rules are followed.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
Essential skills and experience:
• Ability to orally communicate well with management/peers.
• Ability to identify components and component values.
• Ability to follow work instructions.
• Ability to follow direction from management.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team.
• Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures.
• Commitment to company values.
• Strong computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system.
• Experience soldering fine-pitched parts preferred.
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk, sit, use computer and may interact with employees. Sitting most shift with use of soldering iron, solder, flux and other necessary chemicals/tools for soldering. May be required to lift up to 5 pounds. May lift trays or push carts of PCB assemblies from one department to another.
• Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee will be in a manufacturing floor setting under fluorescent lighting and company radio.
Standard shift M-F from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Able to work OT when needed.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17434