Responsible for ensuring all ordered, fabricated, pre-assembled and production consumable materials required for the completion of a project are available to the engineering and production teams based in Bohemia, NY and East Haven, CT per Project Schedule requirements while employing a just in time philosophy.
· Properly manage all project-based production and material planning activities both physically and within the ERP system
· Ensure a full understanding of each project’s material and production requirements through review of each Project’s SOW, Drawings, and BOMS.
· Oversee Material Control Coordinator with full responsibility for all shipping, receiving, inventory and material movement activities.
· Work as a partner with the Purchasing Lead to ensure all project material requirements are met and delivered according to project schedule while employing a just in time delivery philosophy.
· Review impact of all pending Engineering Change Requests upon schedule.
· Ensure Suppliers provide quality materials on-time and work with Purchasing to resolve material issues and material returns when expectations are not met.
· Coordinate and work directly with Purchasing and suppliers to schedule, expedite, and track deliveries to ensure schedules are met.
· Manage all “WIP” staging areas.
· Ensure physical inventory and transactions in ERP system are in sync at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a production and material planning role within an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment; ideally capital equipment.
· At least two (2) years in a Lead or Supervisory role.
· Familiarity running ERP planning and production control modules for project specific requirements.
· Experience working with BOMS and ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and to identify electronic components
· Strong communication skills that will allow for effective oral and written communication with suppliers and internal customers.
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Must be highly organized and able to multi task in an extremely dynamic environment
· Proficiency in MS Office and prior experience working with an MRP or ERP system
Must have sound decision making skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
· US Citizen or permanent resident legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. and able to successfully pass a background check.
· Will be required to pass a pre-employment and random drug screening protocol and present a clean valid driver’s license.
· MS AX experience
· Familiarity working according to quality standards and procedures.
· Prior experience working for a capital equipment or electro-mechanical system manufacturing Company.
· Regularly required to sit, walk, bend and stand
· Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
· Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate standard office equipment.
· Day to day responsibilities may require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering materials up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· On a regular basis, will be required to:
o read and interpret data, information, and documents.
o analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems.
o be creative, make judgements, use reasoning, and make decisions.
o observe and interpret situations.
o learn and apply new information or skills.
o perform detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
o work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions
o interact with internal and external customers holding positions from a wide array of disciplines and organizational hierarchy levels.
o Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17519