The Production Planner position is a key role for a dedicated, hard working individual with a desire to improve existing processes and systems. This role requires good organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to balance both immediate & long term priorities. Key objectives will be achieving and improving targeted customer on time deliveries, managing item & finished product inventory levels and targets, and balancing supply with customer demand. This position requires a customer focused mindset and the ability to work across functional boundaries while supporting change and improvement.
· Participates in the Operations Planning process.
· Participates in Production meetings.
· Manages finished item replenishment requirements, monitors supply/demand issues, and balances product allocation.
· Manages item level inventory, raises issues with manufacturing and communicates supply concerns with purchasing.
· Supports the business in new product launches, portfolio rationalization, discontinuance, and source of supply changes.
· Proactively reports product, material availability and product dating issues.
· Maintain, monitor Master Data; revise essential system planning data to ensure ERP system is effectively planning future requirements.
· Complete special assignments as requested.
· Interface with Quality and Logistics to help prioritize expected receipt of product in short supply situations.
Qualifications (specify required or desired):
· Knowledge of supply chain processes required.
· Proven ability to work in a cross functional environment.
· Highly proficient in Excel, Word.
· ERP system knowledge a plus.
· APICS CPIM certification is a plus
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Effective communicator in both oral and written presentations.
· Emphasize result not effort, goal oriented.
· Function as a team player to build good working relationships and provide back-up as required.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17916