Performs quality assurance activities concerned with the engineering of products, materials and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as liaison Team leader between departments and makes independent decisions to insure adherence to quality and reliability procedures.
- Assists Home Room Manager’s with yearly performance appraisals.
- Single point of contact to Program Teams for all Product Assurance Elements.
- Tracks program budgets, provide work scope and budget for the assigned team members.
- Supports proposals for new jobs and informs team members of the proposal requirements.
- Provides Program Quality requirements for all members of the team.
- Work within a team construct in support of the assigned program.
- Develops and implements quality procedures.
- Develops and maintains monthly program status.
- Establishes and collects data for metrics reporting, and analyzes results of activities for potentially adverse trends
- Prepares status reports for management and presents status to management and customer as required.
- Generates and tracks responses to internal CARs and supplier CARs.
- Establishes and maintains an effective monitoring program, including the use of PC-based tools for planning, tracking and evaluating performance.
- Performs detailed contract reviews to determine the quality assurance requirements.
- Occasional travel requiring overnight stays may be required. Airline travel must be acceptable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at various levels to address both technical and management issues.
- Prepares software quality plans and estimates.
- Answers questions relating to standard practices and procedures, and supports customer audits.
- Provides recommendations to software development groups on tools, methods and practices.
- Reviews and approves: Software development plans, CSCI test procedures, Internal and deliverable software documents to internal or CDRL requirements, Supplier CA*, Purchase requisitions*, Purchase orders*, and Statements of work (including appropriate flow-down of requirements)*. (*When software development is subcontracted.)
- Participates in reviews of design, code, test descriptions, test cases; software change control board activities; PDL walkthroughs; and formal customer reviews and audits.
- Verifies software builds, baselines and releases.
- Supports system level testing; verifies items under test and validates results.
- Reviews and verifies miscellaneous PROM/PAL disks submitted for configuration control
- Performs validations of test software and automated test equipment software.
- Performs audits of software configuration management and software development activities.
- Controls program budgets, and develops estimates-to-complete.
- Maintains procedures and records of activities performed.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of structured software development processes and requirements as specified in RTLA-DO-178 and MIL-STD-498, as well as, knowledge of the software capability maturity model (CMM).
- Familiarity with various workstations, operating systems and software languages customarily used in software development efforts, including C++, assembly and C.
- Familiarity with the PC for access to the network drafting records, purchasing systems, and software development and control tools; use of specialized PC software required by certain projects, including DOORS, TAU/UML, PVCS, and Source Safe.
Bachelors Degree in engineering from four-year college or university.
12-15 years experience in military electronics or equivalent.
Job ID: 16806