- Responsible for timely completion of all phases of AC/DC or DC/DC power supply design, realization and implementation including, but not limited to, functional requirement definition, architecture definition, hardware circuit design and verification & validation.
- Works under the general supervision of senior engineering management. Able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Reports to a Vice President or Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a Project Engineer, as it relates to the power supply circuitry within a system driving the activity to successful conclusion.
- Oversee design activity from initial design thru test and integration.
- Evaluation, originality, and ingenuity required to develop approaches and solutions.
- Investigates and conducts studies on specifications and requirements of the project.
- Create subtasks partitioning activity into logical function sections.
- Performs original circuit design and analysis.
- Component selection, schematic capture, BOM creation and provides guidance for PCB layout.
- Provides direction to Engineers, Associate Engineers and/or the Engineering Technicians for bread-boarding, debugging and testing is being performed.
- Creates and writes interface control documentation.
- Plans tests to be conducted and arranges test set-up design and manufacturer.
- Provides technical assistance in the preparation of spare parts lists, special tools, test equipment, and other engineering data.
- Specifies the procurement of specialized components and test equipment.
- Works with, trains and educates engineering and production staff.
- Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- May be required to perform other similar related tasks.
Knowledge and Education Required
- Circuit and component level experience with analog linear regulators, driver, high power switch mode and high voltage power supply circuitry.
- Familiar with transformer design, power factor correction and supervisory/monitoring circuits.
- Working knowledge of analog control circuits such as A/D, D/A converters, op amps and buffers.
- Operating standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Mentor graphic PADS development environment experience.
- PCB layout design experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing technical specifications and other technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Knowledge of Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) programs is preferred.
- 7 years minimum or equivalent of experience in design, development.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17278