Develop military switch-mode power supplies using applicable topologies and strategies to accomplish a reliable design.
· Requirement analysis, prototyping, development, and qualification of military power supplies.
· Create designs using tools such as PADS, MATLAB and SPICE.
· Assist design department with mechanical and electrical layouts of power supplies.
· Follow a design from concept through qualification and provide production support.
· Troubleshoot prototype hardware on the bench, and oversee all aspects of the project, both mechanical and electrical.
· Provide technical oversight, supporting test department during production.
· Able to work independently or with the engineering team and report to engineering management.
· Take part in department meetings and report project progress to management.
· Assist in making project budgets and schedules.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience preferred
· Design experience including switching supply topologies, magnetics design, PCB layout and familiarity with military specifications.
· Technical writing and excellent communication skills, as well as a familiarity with MIL Specs are a plus .
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project ) and Adobe required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of electronic power design, devices, control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetic design, PWB layout.
· Practical hands-on experience including AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion with various topologies and with MIL-SPEC / MIL-STD requirements is preferred.
· Strong communication and technical writing skills as well as the ability to lead a team of technicians to complete multiple projects.
· Must be a US Citizenship or Permanent Residency as requirements of ITAR
BC Systems firmly believes in equal employment opportunity for all. As such, all of our hiring and personnel decisions are made without any regards to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, military status, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, sexual and reproductive health decisions, or any other personal characteristics considered to be a protected class under applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17903