Plans and coordinates production activities and materials flow to ensure that production schedules are met, which involves analyzing blueprints and bills of materials to determine requirements for fabrication and assembly, setting up manufacturing flow paths for release, expediting operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, performing maintenance on the bill of materials based on engineering change notices, and ensuring that all production processes follow standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Analyzes blueprints and bills of materials to determine requirements for fabrication and assembly.
· Sets up manufacturing flow paths for release.
· Prepares requisition releases and work orders to purchasing, machine shops and manufacturing authorizing work to begin, indicating quantities, manufacturing sequence and completion dates.
· Ensures job progress to schedules, reporting of status and removal of bottlenecks and related problems.
· Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions by maintaining close communications with production lead personnel.
· Prepares daily reports on the status of assemblies in process or the delivery of materials.
· Visits the production areas to ascertain production status.
· Reviews reports generated from the automated production tracking system.
· Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects at the program level.
· Reports delays in assembly or the availability of materials to management.
· Maintains records of assemblies as they are manufactured, expedites “assigned” material into and through production and fills material shortages as required.
· Reports losses, damage scrap and rework as required.
· Interfaces with other departments to ensure smooth flow of required materials.
· Performs maintenance on the bill of materials based on engineering change notices that change or replace assembly parts.
· Coordinates with Engineering to expedite the release of all drawing releases, clarifications, and engineering change notices.
· Maintains and updates production schedules by recording work completed and the status of work in process.
· Monitors PO’s for ahead of schedule, over shipments and rejected materials status to prepare return to vendors.
· Reports shortages and materials unaccounted for to manager.
· Assists in compiling reports, expediting orders through purchasing, receiving, receiving inspection and manufacturing.
· Prioritizes orders with buyers to maximize production flow in meeting schedules.
· Edits reports on kit pulls, open purchase requisitions, etc. for validity, correctness and updates status for an accurate reporting mechanism and moves material and work in process throughout the manufacturing environment.
· Notes errors in production flow and scheduling, e.g. incorrect status, and brings these to the attention of the supervisor.
· Initiates corrective actions to expedite the flow of work.
· Ensures that all work in the system is properly documented and is being handled according to standard operating procedures.
· Trains lower level personnel to help to improve their performance on the job.
· Performs other duties as directed
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
EXPERIENCE: 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills: Basic Computer Skills, Microsoft Office (Word,Excel,Outlook)
Job ID: 17041