- Develop and draft PCB designs for printed circuit boards and hybrid/component substrates.
- Participate in and contribute to various engineering design reviews on assigned projects.
- Work together with project and process engineering staff to ensure design requirements and assembly guidelines have been met as they relate to the physical design.
- Work with vendors and purchasing to ensure appropriate vendor design guidelines for manufacturability are incorporated into each design and to ensure design details are properly transferred to vendors.
- Responsible for facilitating the design, acquisition, receipt and inspection of production fixturing, stencils, etc when needed.
- Create detailed drawings for overall design, subassemblies and related design elements.
- Review all final documentation for completeness and correctness. Ensure that all markups have been considered and incorporated where appropriate.
- Must have strong background in complex multi-layer mixed signal PCB and hybrid designs.
- Update designs and/or drawings in accordance with engineering change notice instructions.
- Follow and contribute to the development of formal design guidelines and design checklist documents to promote consistent quality and uniformity across design projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform both PCB and hybrid layout design using Cadence Allegro 17.2 is required.
- Ability to update / modify schematics using Cadence OrCAD 17.2 is required.
- Ability to create schematic symbols / footprints and input into Cadence Component Information Portal (CIP) is required.
- Experience using AutoCAD LT to create / modify drawings and clean-up DXF artwork for import to Allegro is required.
- Experience using Downstream BluePrint 5.2 to create drill, assembly and outline drawings is strongly desired.
- Experience using Cadence Engineering Design Management (EDM) is strongly desired.
- Experience creating 3D models of board designs is a plus.
- Experience using SolidWorks 2018 or later is a plus.
- Experience using Intercept Mozaix / Pantheon is a plus.
- Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent technical training / certification in drafting.
- 7-10 years of experience in the above required skills.
Job ID: 16747