Directs and coordinates activities of manufacturing in processing materials or manufacturing products.
The following department’s reports to the Operation Manager: Production, Master Scheduler, Purchasing and Customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of product meets specifications. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Provide leadership for issue resolution to facilitate day to day operations
- Analyze workforce requirements and make adjustments as necessary at the right frequency to achieve productivity requirements
- Coordinate daily meetings to prioritize and plan production activities to maintain on-time delivery
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards. Support on DMR and Cause and Corrective Action Review.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimal utilization.
- Assists with process and program layout.
- Coordinates training.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to executive management for action. Authorizes overtime for Cell Leaders/Supervisors and their employees
- Listen and respond to customers’ needs and concerns
- Supervise supplier performance metrics on time delivery.
- Serves as core member of Corrective Action Team.
- Effectively coaches and mentors employees, proactively supports employee involvement and development, counsels employees regarding performance standards, and conducts timely performance reviews.
- Regularly reviews and follows all ISO documentation relating to the quality system.
- Coach teams in their continuous improvement efforts
- Responsible for the maintenance of a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on the promotion of employee health and safety. Assists in training colleagues and subordinates in proper safety techniques.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent and a minimum of five years related experience; at least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Proven track record in the development of innovative ideas and strategies for cost containment, plan design, and implementation of best practices required.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills required. Proven track record of successful leadership, situation analysis, detail-orientation, and related project management skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, related business applications and office equipment.
- Proven awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Demonstrated ability to follow safety practices and recognize hazards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet attendance standards as defined in company policies required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing,Mechanical Engineering Technology or related
technical degree. Ten or more years related experience in aerospace manufacturing with at least five years in manager level. Experience with high temperature alloys is
Job ID: 16822