Assist with the management and control of all material within the facility; to include
receiving and distributing goods and materials; kitting material; assigning material
to jobs; packing and shipping materials and systems; moving material around
production floor; loading/unloading material from trucks.
• Responsible for keeping shipping/receiving dock and work area neat, clean, and
• Monitor stock and consumable inventory levels to ensure an uninterrupted supply
• Complete quarterly physical inventory counts
• Provide support to Production team in system integration, system assembly, and
the crating, packaging, and shipment of systems.
• Able to perform light construction, facility maintenance and custodial activities such
as: painting, snow/ice removal; furniture assembly; light gardening; wall/door
repairs; lightbulb/battery replacements; plumbing clogs; etc.
• Help and support the operations team in other related activities as needed
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, hazard free OSHA complaint workplace with
full responsivity for the maintenance of SDS sheets for facility
• Occasional travel to fabricator and supplier locations to transport and/or procure
material and components using Company supplied box truck and/or personal
• Assist with the build and preparation of shipping crates and pallets
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned including clean-up, department
organization, material movement, and forklift operation.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• At least two (2) years of comparable experience in a facilities management,
production, or shipping/receiving position for a small manufacturing organization.
• MUST have experience working with electronics, electro-mechanical components
• Hold a current NYS driver’s license with clean driving record for 3 years. Should be
comfortable with driving 25ft box truck and operating a forklift.
• Capable of passing a pre-employment drug test and legally authorized to work in
the US and work with ITAR controlled material.
• Mechanical aptitude with experience using basic hand and power tools to assist
production team with mechanical assembly and pallet/crate fabrication.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal and capable of
following written and verbal instructions.
• Available to work extended hours and weekends, as workload requires.
• Must be a strong team player, capable of thriving within a close knit, cross
functional team environment.
• Associates Degree in technical discipline
• Prior experience working with an MRP or ERP system (ideally MS AX)
• Proficiency with computer applications (Word, Excel).
• Understanding of OSHA regulations
• Experience working according to quality standards and procedures is preferred
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time and sit, walk, bend and
work within and around systems in an industrial environment
• Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate crimping
devices, hand tools, power tools, and related standard industrial production and
• Able to operate a forklift, power lift and other material movement devices effectively
and safely once trained.
• Day to day responsibilities will require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering
materials up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
• Capable of working at elevated heights with proper safety gear and to safely use
and traverse a ladder.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability
to adjust focus.
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17954