Integrate a turn-key electro-mechanical system to include mechanical fabrication tasks, system assembly, startup and testing according to drawings, schematics, and verbal instruction.
· Install and assemble electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, parts, and components.
· Perform light machining tasks, as required.
· Layout and cutting of frames, cabinets, panels, and other related components, as required.
· Responsible for primary machine mechanical assembly and disassembly.
· Perform tasks in accordance and compliance with US and European standards, defined quality standards, all related Company design and safety standards.
· Where possible, assist with wiring of custom systems to include electrical panel building, machine wiring, pulling wire, terminating, bending conduit, wiring motors and system startup and testing.
· Potential travel to customer sites to install, troubleshoot/repair, and/or test systems.
· Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned including clean-up, light maintenance duties, material movement, inventory counts, crate/pallet building, furniture assembly, and forklift operation.
HS Diploma with some technical schooling or training
· Minimum 2 years of directly related hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment ideally in the integration and fabrication of complex electro-mechanical systems.
· Proficiency with basic hand and power tools.
· Proven fabrication and layout skills.
· Ability to read prints, wiring diagrams, schematics, and engineering documentation.
· Mechanical and electrical aptitude
· Available to work extended hours and weekends, as workload requires.
· Must be a strong team player, capable of fostering and thriving in a close knit, cross functional team environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
· US citizen or permanent resident legally authorized to work in the US and able to successfully pass a complete background check and drug test.
· Will need to successfully pass a drug test and present a clean and valid driver’s license.
· Computer Skills.
Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel.
· Wiring and/or basic electrical experience or knowledge preferred
· Proficiency in cutting, stripping, tinning, and crimping cable and harness is ideal.
· Prior experience working with BOMS and or computerized MRP or ERP systems
· Prior experience working with x-ray technology.
· Experience with ISO and/or NQA-1 quality standards and procedures.
Physical & Mental Demands:
· Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time and sit, walk, bend and work within and around systems in an industrial environment
· Will need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate crimping devices, hand tools, power tools, and related standard industrial production and office equipment.
· Able to operate a forklift, power lift and other material movement devices effectively and safely once trained.
· Day to day responsibilities will require lifting, moving, carrying, and maneuvering materials up to 50 pounds alone; heavier with assistance.
· Capable of working at elevated heights with proper safety gear and to safely use and traverse a ladder.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
· Capable of Domestic travel
· Able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17518