The Mechanical Inspector is responsible for maintaining quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results. Responsible for checking the raw materials and parts that make up the finished goods and assemblies. The Mechanical Inspector works within a team of other Quality Control professionals. Work assignments are given by the Inspection Supervisor. Uses a variety of methods to ensure that the product manufactured in-house, or purchased meets print specifications, MIL-SPECS quality standards and AS9100 specifications. Makes mathematical calculations to measure parts, angles, etc. and compares the measurements to the blueprints. Verifies that purchased products from suppliers conform to company quality standards. Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- High School Diploma, GED or relevant vocational training preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Mechanical Inspector experience preferred.
- Capable of reading and interpreting complex drawings and blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, critical thinking skills, and proficiency with standard testing tools, optical comparators and dial gauges.
- Proficient in the use of all measuring equipment. CMM Experience a plus.
- Knowledge of AS9102 FAI preferred.
General Physical Requirements:
Lifting, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, grasping, holding, reaching, pushing and pulling are generally required to perform the functions of this position on a regular basis.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, 401(k) with matching, Aflac, accrued PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, and extremely low turnover rate.
Job ID: 16614