Farmingdale ,New York
1. Leads/consults on the mechanical design of high power RF circuitry.
2. Development of reliable, manufactural and cost-effective RF and Microwave designs and products.
3. Designs, fabricates, modifies and evaluates mechanical and/or electronic apparatus.
4. Performs structural, thermal and tolerance analyses: prepares and conducts design reviews.
5. Manages the conceptual and final designs using Autodesk Inventor design tools. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
6. Maintains oversight of the mechanical engineering staff providing direction; evaluating performance and making adjustments as indicated; coordinating the engineering functions within the department. Driving a mechanical technology work environment.
7. Supports the engineering management team with product development planning, internal research and development prioritization and pursuit of new technologies.
8. Evaluation of subordinates, processes, tools and resource requirements to achieve our engineering and growth goals; drives actions to develop those capabilities.
9. Liaison with Designers, Technicians and Purchasing Department for evaluation of products/parts, debugging phases and transition from prototype to production.
10. Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
11. May perform other departmental duties as necessary or any other assignments given by Supervisor within reason.
12. Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required; MS preferred. Experience with Autodesk Inventor, ANSYS Icepack, or equivalent design tools.
Proven ability to understand and positively affect complex technical problem resolution. Excellent people management skills and experience coaching and developing technical talent. Exceptional leadership and decision making skills as well as exemplary communication skills-verbal, written, and communicating complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences. Should have strong analytical and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
Job ID: 16761