Experience in the design of power transmission equipment and metal fabrication, with regards to Process equipment for the Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Process industries.
– Familiarity with the ASME code (not mandatory) as it applies to pressure vessel design.
– Ability to select proper bearings, seals, gears, pulleys and other shafting items for the particular application as it applies to mixers.
– Familiarity with different type of seals for reactors and process vessels, e.g. mechanical liquid and air/nitrogen, lip and standard pusher type seals (not mandatory).
– Experience with all types of welding (stick, MIG, TIG, and submerged arc) of steels and stainless steel.
– Experience with sheet metal design and fabrication.
– The ability to design and detail machine parts, knowledge of Geometric Tolerances.
– Familiarity with different types of steels and alloy metals and metal fabrication.
– Experience with Hydraulic cylinders, valves and general control circuits.
– Experience with Pneumatic cylinders, valves and general control circuits.
– Experience if possible with high speed rotating equipment as it relates to shaft deflection, shaft moments and critical shaft vibration.
– Familiarity with motor control/PLC logic, and safety interlock control logic (not mandatory).
– Organizational skills as it may relate to the design and processing of concurrent multiple jobs for different customers.
– Experience with indented Bill of materials, ERP systems and Microsoft Excel.
– Experienced AutoCAD and Inventor 2019/2020 user with possible experience with Autodesk mechanical simulation/ NASTRAN a plus.
– Microsoft office and Lotus Notes familiarity a plus.
– Ability to work with customers on different projects at the same time
-Experience in estimating job costs and working with vendors
-Ability to develop machine specifications and quotes from customer supplied information, RFQ’s and customer specifications
Job ID: 17030