Work closely with the Mechanical and System Engineering teams responsible for the design of
electro-mechanical and/or material handling systems.
• Generate, modify, and finalize all types of detailed mechanical designs drawings
• Transform initial designs into detailed final documents
• Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications,
internal guidelines, quality standards and national codes and standards.
• Generate, revise, and finalize BOMs
• Interact with a cross-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical, electrical, software, imaging) to
generate and edit 2D designs using Solid Works
• Work with Production, Design & Installation teams to revise drawings and generate final as built
• Provide support to Technical Writing and Project Management Teams in the creation of technical
documentation, system manuals, and customer facing documentation
• Travel to customer sites (Approx. 15% domestic)
• Associates Degree or equivalent Technical School certification or diploma
• At least two (2) years of related CAD Design experience in a Manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in SolidWorks
• Previous experience generating fabrication level detail designs and writing design specifications
for electro-mechanical components
• Familiarity with motion control products and standard motor/gearbox components
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and problem-solving abilities
• Proactive, team player with established verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
work to schedules under time constraints in a dynamic environment.
• Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent resident who is legally authorized to work in the US and
able to successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
• Experience working with and generating BOMs within an MRP or ERP system.
VJCT Mechanical CAD Designer
• Experience generating assembly and fabrication level designs, documents, and drawings
for electro-mechanical systems incorporating the use of robotics, conveyance, automation
and/or part manipulation.
• Prior experience with NDT and or X-ray equipment
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
• Prior experience in a QA controlled design environment. (ISO 9000, NQA-1, or similar)
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit and use computer equipment for prolonged periods of time to
create and revise designs, Bills of Materials, and related design documentation.
• Will be required to sit, stand, walk, bend and work within and around systems in an
• Need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate hand tools, power tools,
and related standard industrial production and office equipment.
• Could be required to lift, move, carry, and/or maneuver materials up to 50 pounds alone;
heavier with assistance.
• May need to work or traverse upon ladders and/or elevated heights with proper safety
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Domestic and international travel via air, rail, and car.
• Able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17927