Strong, experienced, well organized and quality-oriented manager responsible for manufacturing operations: production planning, labor planning/assignment, assembly, shipping/delivery schedules, order status reporting, achieving financial goals, hiring, training, evaluation and continuous improvement for a manufacturing staff of 40+.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
· Candidates must have 3 plus years experience with electronics assembly or similar manufacturing operations, demonstrate ability to organize, motivate and achieve production goals. The ideal manager will also be familiar with micro-electronic assembly and lean manufacturing.
· Electronics assembly manufacturing background preferred.
· Power supply or power components manufacturing management experience a plus.
· Insure that manufacturing operations produce a quality product on schedule.
· Prepare plans and budgets for manufacturing, assembly and material control
· Establish procedures and relationships with personnel to optimize planning estimates and adherence to schedules.
· Daily review of operating performance, material and production goals with staff, directing continuous improvement toward best practice methods.
· Reviews operating performance with recommendations to senior management.
· Monitor capacity and capability of production process equipment to maintain operational readiness
· Develop systems to identify, protect and appropriately move material, work-in-process and finished goods to Improve cost effectiveness and enhance plant productivity.
· Must have strong communication skills, strong work ethic and the ability to motivate individuals from other departments toward common goals
· 3+ years experience with microelectronics assembly or essentially similar component manufacturing operations, ability to organize, motivate and achieve production goals.
· Experience with continuous product/process improvement, familiar with lean manufacturing techniques desirable
· All basic capabilities of effectively running a world class manufacturing operation: familiarity with technical drawings and lists, workmanship standards, computer spreadsheet and scheduling techniques, leadership skills and team building/motivation skills
· Working knowledge of military/industrial specifications a definite plus:
Mil-Std-883 (Method 2010, 2017 & 2032), Mil-Prf-38534, and J-Std- 001 and IPC-A-610. Certifications are highly desired.
· Staff position; reports to company President and Vice President/General Manager
5 years experience preferred
Manufacturing Management 5 years preferred
Job ID: 16968