- Strong GD&T understanding
- Provide programming writing/support for various CNC turning, and 3, 4, and 5 axis milling operations.
- Manufacturing process planning from forging/casting to completion.
- Fixture and Tooling design.
- Ability to determine hours of machining operations from blueprints for quoting purposes.
- Ability to create solid models sketched and programs in Unigraphics.
- Daily interface with all manufacturing and quality functions.
- Interface with customers and suppliers to resolve process and design issues.
- Understand and ability to incorporate lean manufacturing in cell environment, quick change, SMED and Design
- Other Engineering/Programming related duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to contribute to quoting activities and estimating.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- 3 – 5 years direct CNC machining/programming experience with multi-axis machines, grinding equipment, milling equipment, and lathes.
- A BS in Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering Technology or similar technical degree is preferred. However, direct relevant experience with required technical skills with or without and Associates Degree will be taken into consideration.
- Strong knowledge of Unigraphics NX7.5 OR NX9.0.
- Ability to interpret complex blueprints and prepare a machining process.
- Experience in the major aerospace alloy groups (titanium, stainless, nickel alloy, and aluminum).
- Successful experience in CNC programming and machine shop practices in the Aerospace Industry preferred.
- Experience leading and solving problems to improve business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a cross functional environment.
COMMUNICATION / LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must possess ability to communicate in English verbally, in writing and have the ability to hear.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess ability to communicate verbally, in writing and have the ability to hear
- Role requires ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and crouch as well as sit on occasion
- Must have ability to lift / move up to 40 pounds and occasionally may be required to lift / move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- The employee is required to sit most of the time
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch and sit on occasion
- Must have the ability to regularly stand and walk
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, twist at the waist and neck flexion
- Must have the ability to push/pull objects distances of up to 15 feet
- Must have the ability to grasp and grip to lift and carry equipment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Education: Minimum of five years experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
Job ID: 16823