Responsible for controlling accounting operations, fiscal plans and policies, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions, the maintaining of fiscal records and preparing of financial reports for the division, providing oversight for all Human Resource programs, including employee relations, compensation, benefits and EEO subject to the approval of the applicable executive(s). Supervises personnel in the Accounting and Human Resources Departments.
- Responsible for preparing month-end closings, financial forecasts, budgetary controls, cost accounting, internal/external audits, internal/external reporting, and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Provide financial advice to the manufacturing department through the study of financial data.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system
- Supervise payroll, accounts payable, fixed asset depreciation and accounts receivable processes.
- Meet corporate reporting and Federally mandated reporting requirements of the division.
- Managing, training, and evaluating accounting/human resource personnel
- Strong background in inventory accounting is expected. Ensure accuracy of physical inventory; and controlling the flow of raw materials,
tools, and other assets in the manufacturing department through cost analysis
- Review accounting standards and internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Supervise external financial audits and help enhance compliance with relevant financial regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare, analyze and comprehend financial reports, with the ability to identify trends, risks, variances with opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for the preparation of ETC’s through job costing analysis as well as preparing the cost of goods sold on all sales.
- Provide supervision and oversight for the coordination of efforts between the accounting staff and human resource staff.
- Supervises the development and management of all HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- An accounting degree is required (NYS CPA license preferred), month end close experience is required as is familiarity with GAAP.
- 15+ years of experience in finance and cost accounting. Manufacturing experience a strong plus. 7+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Strong leadership skills.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17537